Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Poe, Tell-Tale Heart, Alcohol Inks!


   Loving the October theme "Go Poe" over at  Gingersnap Creations! This week it's the supply challenge, using Alcohol Inks. I have chosen the Tim Holtz technique called, Alcohol Ink Splatter. It's in his latest book, "A Compendium of Curiosities" on page 52.

  Before splattering the glossy paper with the inks I randomly layered Tissue Tape across the paper. I used Caramel, Ginger and Latte Alcohol Inks, and Red Pepper and some Pitch Black for the bottom piece. Any white spots that poked through, I dabbed them with DI in the same colour range.


   The bursting heart (I love it!), is a TH stamp from the Rock Star set. I printed the words "The Tell-Tale Heart" on the banner. The heart was stamped again on grungepaper and then I cut the heart and used DI Fired Brick; then smooshed with my finger some Distress Stickles Fired Brick and used the heat tool to quick dry. Popped the heart up with foam squares.

  The quote at the bottom was printed off the computer; stamped with DI Vintage Photo and torn. TH pen nib and unknown clock embellie!


   This fabulous ribbon is from The Dollar Store! I bought all I could find! It comes in 3 widths! It looks like vintage wrinkled satin! Anyway, I stamped blood splatter all over the ribbon and in spots on the quote using a Martha Stewart blood splatter stamp that comes in one of her Halloween sets. Love love love it! I think I watch too much Dexter! The black flexible wire, I got at Michael's in the jewellery making section. Comes in all colours and gauges. You don't need any special tools to bend it. You can bend with your fingers. Check it out!


   Mr. Poe is from the web and I encased him in a silver frame that I inked with Pitch Black Alcohol Ink to tone down the silver and make it old looking. I added some Alcohol Ink (can't remember which one) on a square Fragment to give him a vintage look. 


Closeups. Click on photos for larger images:



This is the back. As you can see, I went a little wild with the blood splatter stamp! The guy at the top is on the back of Poe's photo. He is the actor Joseph Schildkraut who was in the 1941 film version of The Tell-Tale Heart.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a look around and leave a word or two before you go. Head on over to the Gingersnap Spicy Supply Challenge: GC122 and check out the other awesome artwork! Heck. Why not enter something yourself?!


Debbie
^..^

18 comments:

Willy said...

Wonderful creation, Debbie! Great use of the tissue tape.

Sharon said...

Wow Debbie this tag is wonderful!!!!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Absolutely wonderful!

Lucy x

Suzanne Brookfield said...

Stunning artwork, love it!

Gisèle said...

Deb, this is a wonderful creation !!!

Jingle said...

This is absolutely wonderful!

craftattack said...

Great piece, love the blood splatter, too! Poe is fun, huh? Valerie

Marjie Kemper said...

Oooh, Debbie... I love everything about it, especially the way you've hung the charm on top from the wire and the gorgeous colors of the heart.

PetraB said...

THis is stunning,absolute wonderful artwork.

Cath Wilson said...

Love all the attention to detail on this - lovely little piece and the back is brilliant.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

I'm missing words, this Poe hanging is wonderful.

Lourdes said...

This is a GREAT creation! That's really nice and well done Debbie!

Bubbles said...

I have tissue tape... I have the TH tissue tape dispenser... I have alcohol inks, Distress inks, and paint daubers. So why haven't I got something as amazing as this to show? *lol*
Gorgeous... Love Poe... and this is brilliant!

Michele said...

wow, gorgeous work! so much delicious detail! xo

PsyPenguin said...

Fantastic work! that heart stamp is perfect for the theme and I love the blood spattered book page on the back. xx

Shar said...

Fantastic hanging! I love all the great details!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Absolutely FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!!!!
The best I've seen in quite some time. I mean that.
I'd buy it in a NY minute for my daughter if there were anyplace she could keep it right now!
LOVE it.
Rose

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wowzers! I love love this project! Love the ribbon, the tape, the splatter technique, the Poe hanging down, the back with blood splatter and all.....!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...