Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Poe, Ravens, Beeswax, Glue!

Click here to read the poem "The Raven"
click on photo for larger image
   Well this took on a life of it's own! This is the 3rd challenge in the "Go Poe" October theme at Gingersnap Creations. This week it's GC123: Random Redhead Challenge - Ravens.
  Not sure what it is. Not a card. Not a tag. Not a gluebook. I guess it's just art!
  The backing is corrugated cardboard covered in Glimmer Mists and beeswax. The main part is a page ripped from a book ; distressed and inked with DI Vintage Photo. All the items are inked around the edge with Vintage Photo. Then there is a layer of black paper with white text on it. Used the binders edge punch. 
   Then I just did a collage of different images about the poem. Poe's head has a TH Circle Fragment with some Ginger Alcohol Ink on it to make more vintage. Same with the clock. Before I added the Fragments, I slapped on a couple layers of Mod Podge Matte. Oh. Before I glued the large raven down, I covered him in DI Rock Candy Crackle Paint. 
   It is rock solid! That baby will not tear, rip, break or shatter! Not sure what I will do with it, but I do like it. I really went "outside" this time! I really enjoyed putting this together. 


Closeups. Click on photo for larger image:

You can see the crackle paint on the raven
You can really see the beeswax here
This is the back. I put part of the poem and covered it in Mod Podge Matte"
Thanks for stopping by. Leave a word or two before you go! Head on over to Gingersnap Creations and check out the awesome artwork! Have an inky and creative week!

Debbie
^..^

20 comments:

craftattack said...

Love your raven with Poe head. Great piece. I will be sad when Halloween is over! Valerie

Sharon said...

Debbie this is great - love the "collage" look of it and all the images and text are wonderful!!!! Perfect for the theme!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Debbie
Wonderful textures on this collage and oh do I love beeswax.
Fabulous.
Wishes
Lynne

Marjie Kemper said...

Great collage Debbie... love the raven of course and all those wonderfully different edges... not to mention the beeswax!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's cool, love Poe on the raven :)

Jingle said...

Very nice piece!

Terry said...

Lots of Poe goodness going on here! This is 100% pure art! Love the collage you created, so cool! Brilliant to put Poe's head on the raven!

JeanFB said...

Love, love, love it! Everything about it - fabulous piece. :)

PetraB said...

This is a great collage with all the amazing details.

Bubbles said...

So out of the box... and utterly brilliant!

morkaren said...

Dejlig fantasifuld collage. v.h. morkaren.

2amscrapper said...

could have fooled me--I thought it was a glue book page! wonderful collage. Love Poe as the raven's head!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awesome collage- I love all of the fun design elements you added.

Saskia said...

Love it, Debby! Wonderful details.

Lynn Stevens said...

Great Poe collage, Loved that you used Beeswax on it! I haven't heated mine up forever. Thanks for the inspiration!
hugs Lynn

Sue said...

It's beautiful Debbie, that's what it is!! You can see all the attention to detail, and the fact that you enjoyed making it comes shining through. I love it !! x

Gio said...

Debbie, thank you for your kind words on my blog!

I love your collage, yes it 's real art!

Amanda Pinkston said...

Love, love, love this piece!! I'm printing out a pic so I can analyze all the different parts. I'm inspired!! And I love your blog...now following. :)

Shar said...

Totally outstanding! Fabulous collage!

Karen McAlpine said...

I love "just Art" too. Super collage! Love the addition of the beeswax.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...