Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Poe Gothic Arch Mini-Album

click on photo for larger image
   Well it was fun while it lasted! This is my last creation for the Go Poe! October theme at Gingersnap Creations. I've had a blast and went outside my box! Thanks Ali for the invite! I lucked out with the theme. Great fan of Poe and I LOVE Halloween!
   This weeks theme, the last, is the colour challenge; Black and Grays. I got a Bind-It-All for my birthday in July and I put it to work for the first time. The arches are white CS sprayed with Glimmer Mists Black Magic and Silver Sugar, on one side and black patterned paper on the other with Grungepaper in the middle. You'll notice in the photos a shimmer of gold, which isn't really noticeable to the naked eye, but I guess the camera picked it up. The gold shimmer is in the Black Magic Glimmer Mist. 
   The "winking cat" is from The Sum Of All Crafts. Other images are from Google images, Digital Collage SheetsMagic Moonlight Free Images. Raven stamp on cover is Martha Stewart, Halloween set. Script stamp on bottom of each arch and all the element stamps (cracked glass, flourish, etc.), along with the Grungepaper and Grungeboard "POE" letters are Tim Holtz
   
 Inside pages. Colours on some look a bit off. Click on photos for larger images:
L: Library card with sampling of Poe's titles. R: Annabel Lee
L: Annabel Lee poem. R: The Raven
L: Part of The Raven poem. R: The Black Cat ( he is removable!)
L: Part of The Black Cat. R: Floorboards from The Tell-Tale Heart
The heart is exposed under the floorboards!
Poe quote
This mini is entered in:

Thanks for stopping by. Have a snoop around, but leave a word or two before you go. Get inky and GO POE!
Debbie
^..^

24 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

Another wonderful creation, Debbie. Hope to keep seeing your work on Gingersnaps. I wouldn't have had a clue with the Poe theme as he is not so well celebrated in the UK,

Lucy x

craftattack said...

Great album, love the dark colours, a really coooooooooool creation! Valerie

inkypinkycraft said...

What a great piece, just love it !! trace x

Jingle said...

I love this! Absolutely fabulous!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

You celebrated Poe so well with this very dark piece of art.
Wishes
Lynne

Candy C said...

HI Debbie. Very cool shades of black gothic arch!! Love the POE theme!! Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Dan said...

I absolutely love this Debbie! So dark and gloomy, perfect for a Poe-themed piece! The album thingy didn't display for me, so I could only see the cover unfortunately, but it was still great! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous cover! I too can't see the inside but the cover is fantabulous. Love the colors and the stamping.

Cath Wilson said...

That's lovely, Debbie. Really nicely made, with lots of imagination. The greys go so well with this theme.

Dan said...

Wow, wow and wow again! So glad to be able to see the inside pages now - I love it!

Patricia said...

WOW GREAT work.
Love it all!!!!!
Greetz Patricia

PetraB said...

Absolutely awesome!

Sharon said...

Wow Debbie - just perfect for the theme!!!

Artwork by Nancy Johnson said...

Debbie, your work is so great! I just love seeing what you come up with!

BarbaraW said...

What an awesome tribute to Poe. I too have loved the themes at GC this month. This book is spectacular.

Amy* said...

Holy Moses! THis is Amazing!! You had me on the first page but your project continued to wow me all the way to the end!! Such a fantastic tribute to EAP...Bravo!! Now I have to hit the library and re-read some Poe :)

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

This is absolutely perfect Debbie from begining to end. your book must have taken you days to create but it's well worth the effort x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a wonderful Poe album. Really fab.

Terry said...

I so love this Gothic mini album! Such spooky and fabulous details! This had to be a blast! Have a great weekend!

trisha too said...

Debbie, Debbie, DEBBIE I LOVE this!! I have a thing for mini books, anyway, and this one is FABULOUS. You just let me know if you want to send it to me, I'll e-mail you my address . . . ;)

Poe and a mini book. Very fine, indeed!

:)

Valerie H. Wilson said...

OMG, seriously... WOW!!!
xo

Ricardo Miñana said...

Nice entry, you have a intersante space
if you like the lyrics full of tenderness, poetry,
I invite you to my spaces,
happy weekend.
a hug.

Bubbles said...

OMGness! This is absolutely awesome! Fantastic job... it's perfect! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...