Friday, September 9, 2011

Red Clowns, Numbers & The Meaning of Life

click on photo for larger image

Clowns. They either creep you out, or they're cute and cuddly. I find the old vintage clowns are creepy, but I love them at the same time! If there's a clown in a movie, then you know it's not a good sign! No sir! I can't watch horror movies. If, on the rare occasion I do, then I watch through my fingers. I call it a 5 finger movie! 


Ok. How many know where the quote came from, and what the heck does 42 have to do with anything? It's from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and Wikipedia will explain it all in a nutshell. Mike is a big fan of the books and the movie, so this tag is for him.

SUPPLIES AND WHAT-NOTS
- clown is from Freubels Freebies
- spritzed tag with Glimmer Mists, Red Velvet and Brick
- added DI Aged Mahogany, Barn Door, Black Soot around edges
- TH stuff: Tissue Tape Hobgoblin set, Script ; Journal Ticket ; Grungeboard square, star, numbers & hinge ; I then smooshed some Distress Stickles Barn Door with my finger on top to give crunchy feel
- finger stamp is from TH Steampunk set
- Stampin' Up! safety pin
- striped paper My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Union Square set
- puffy thingy on star and red glitter brad from Michaels


Closeups:
Top of tag - click on photo for larger image

Bottom - click on photo for larger image
I feel exposed! First time I used my own "hand printing"!
Challenges:
1. DragonsDream:TIO#9 Mostly Red
2. The Artistic Stamper - September Challenge: Numbers
3. Try It On Tuesdays: Monochrome
4. The Three Muses: Words
5. The Stamp Man CH#31: Monochrome + One Other Colour
6. Paper Traders Art CH: Carnivals & Fairs

Here is the ultimate answer to the meaning of life...
Thanks again for stopping by. Snoop around, but leave a word or two before you go! Make sure you visit the challenges to see the other fabulous artwork! Have a wonderful weekend!

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry D but that would give me nightmares!!!!

K

Wax Beach Artist said...

That's hilarious! Your clown tag is awesome!

inkypinkycraft said...

Love the colour, great bit son it, sorry could't look too clods, I am in the camp of clowns CREEP ME!!!!! They really scare me, but love the rest of the tag, great stuff!!! Trace x

Shirley-Sirje said...

This is a corgeous tag! Love the colour to!
Hugs from Sweden

craftattack said...

Great tag, but I belong to those who find clowns really scary. But love your background! Hugs, Valerie

Von said...

Give me Poirot any day lol fab tag :) and lots of yummy detail
Von x

Willy said...

Love your clown tag, Debbie! It's gorgeous.

johanna said...

a fantastic dramatic red! i love the creepyness in this!

Wanda said...

I'm another who finds clowns scary. Love the background and the stars. Thanks for joining us this week on the TIO challenge.
Wanda xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

They definitely creep me out but that doesn't mean I don't find this tag to be a wonderful piece of art.
Amazing attention to detail.
Wishes
Lynne

Janet said...

I'm not a lover of clowns,but I love yours,
fabulous tag
Janet

Taluula said...

Scary and fun at the same time. Love it.

Helen said...

Great tag! and I am a huge Hitchhiker fan too, so you got me all round! Thanks for dreaming with us at TIO this week.

Dragon said...

GREAT dreaming, or is it a nightmare??!! Thanks for joining in again this week
Frankie
xx

Yvonne said...

Wow, Deb, awesome tag!

Sue said...

I love this, very freaky clown, reminds me of Tim Curry in IT who was very scary. Love your use of the journal ticket x

Marina said...

I recognised the quote immediately ...and that clown is particularly scary. I love how you laid it all out on the tag...inspirational!

Terry said...

The reds in your tag are fantastic and so is the design. Actually, I never thought of it, but clowns do kind of give me the chills!

Ambrella (Catherine) said...

Wow it's awesome.
Hugs

ElizabethR said...

With you on the clown front! Am loving your red tag though, thanks for sharing with us at the TIO this week. Elizabeth x

PsyPenguin said...

I'm a big Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy fan so I love this tag. The crown is wonderfully creepy - he makes a great cosmic joker!

indybev said...

Life is a circus, so who better than a clown to consider the purpose of life! Great piece. Thanks for joining our challenge at Three Muses.

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Hi!! This is fantastic! How did you do that great background? That clown will probably give me nightmares tonight. Thanks for participating in our challenge over at Paper Traders Art Blog.
Cathy Calamas

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, fantastic take on this theme. Love the story, in Germany it's called "Per Anhalter durch die Galaxis".
Thanks for dreaming with TIO this week.

Chris / CS Designs said...

wowzers!!! Debbie, This is an awesome art tag.
:) Chris / CS Designs
http://www.cs-designs.blogspot.com/
http://www.doodlepieces.blogspot.com/

Gini said...

Debbie your tag is wonderful, I find clown's creepy but your tag is still fabulous :-)

I really hope more people will start using there own handwriting on their art, it makes it more personal and individual. I always hand write each letter separately like you have done so it's easy to read, and that's not really my natural handwriting which is joined up!
Good reasons to hand write words -For a start you can size your lettering to fit the project, you can use any quote or prose you like and don't have to spend endless time looking for and paying for expensive sentiment/quote stamps. Lots of positives here. I use individual letter stamps to create words when I feel the pressure of conforming...

When I reached 42 I did wonder if I would suddenly become wise - nope didn't happen!
Have a great week :-)
Gini
xx

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Debbie
I hope you are well. My new work is taking up all of my time at the moment and I love it, but I am missing my crafting and blogging buddies.
I love this card - the images, colour and design are amazing.
Thanks for staying in touch and take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

The Stamp Man said...

Scary clown! But I love it:) Thanks for entering The Stamp Man challenge.

Jill

"MOI" Freubel said...

Debbie !!!!!
You've made my day !!!!
So sweet of you to tell me this. What a amaaazing tag !!!
*******
I've send you a friend request at your facebook. LOL
Hugssss Rian

blackdragon said...

I am totally freaked out by clowns.... HATE them big time!
My Dad is a massive fan of Hitch hikers.

Thank you for dreaming with us at T.I.O
lynx

ferrellgraph-x said...

Yes he's creepy and fabulous all at the same time! Your handwriting is fabulous!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer Ferrell

Chrisy said...

Love the 'five finger movie' saying....and yes clowns can be creepy...but heck this one is very clever isn't he!

Artyjen said...

What a gorgeous way tag Love it :) Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month. Good Luck!

xoxo Sioux

Sorry for delay in comments but could not access it!!

Aimeslee said...

Hi Debbie, really liked your piece, you won the challenge over at Paper Traders, it was a while back. Please play with us again! xoxo, Aimeslee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...