Thursday, August 4, 2011

Flora The Dress Form

I made this card for Courtney's birthday. She just got back from a trip of a lifetime to Paris France. I had just bought this awesome stamp from Stampington & Company and thought it would be perfect for her card. The artist is Sandra Evertson and it is part of her Fairytale Couture line. This one is called "Flora". Click on photo for larger image.


Technical Stuff:
  • Watercolour background on white CS, using Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Dusty Concord, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Milled Lavender.
  • After I dried watercolour bkgrd with heat tool, I spritzed with Glimmer Mist Coffee Shop; used heat tool to dry
  • Stamped the image on white CS, then waterecoloured using water brush and same DI with a couple more colours ; cut out and glued onto script image from The Graphics Fairy
  • Sentiment, "Ooh la la" from computer
  • Other images (streets of Paris, Eiffel Tower) from Freebie Fun By Cemerony
  • Tea stained doily lace with some Vintage Photo. Bought at Dollar Store. Should have bought it all when I first came across it! I have about 4 pkg's of it (some different; some white). They don't sell it anymore! Sob!
  • Small flowers from Michael's
This card is entered in:
- Fashionable Stamping Challenge: Anything Goes. This is a new challenge blog and this is the first challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and have a look around! Leave a word or two before you go! Have a very creative week!

Very excited and honoured to be selected as a "Top 3" in the first challenge, "Anything Goes" at the  Fashionable Stamping Challenge! Awesome!

18 comments:

craftattack said...

Beautiful work and I am sure I NEED that stamp, too! Valerie

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Debbie
I LOVE your creation.
This is an all time favourite stamp of mine. I also have Papillion. I know I will always love both stamps.
It is so good to see someone else create with it, so rarely see this stamp.
I adore everything, the French twist is particularly appealing. Stunning to say the very least.
Wishes
Lynne

Shirl said...

Debbie what a creation and I'm with Lynn about the stamp ... I want it.

I love everything about your card, the image, lace, flowers, colours ... awwwww just everything.

Thanks for sharing this gorgeous piece with us at our very first Fashionable Stamping Challenge.

Hugs Shirley x x

Terry said...

Another want for that stamp! See what you started with this gorgeous creation! Beautiful colors and design! Love it!

Gram's Treasures said...

What an adorable card! Love all the detail and the watercolouring too! Tres elegant!
Joyce xx

Bubbles said...

If this card isn't a winner then the challenge is a fix *lol* It's just so stunning - beautiful. Think I shall have to drop massive hints as to when my birthday is *lol*

Alison said...

WOW!!! Absolutely stunning Deb! x

Louise Le Pierres said...

Simply Gorgeous Debbie! I love everything about it!

Saskia said...

Lovely card, Debbie!

hazel said...

A beautiful card - lovely colours.
xxx Hazel.

Claire said...

Stunning card, gorgeous colours and I love that stamp! Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and good luck in the prize draw
Claire xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful card, love the colors on it.

Morgan said...

I hadn't seen this range of stamps before, they are just beautiful! Love your colours and style, so pretty :0)

Joanna K (aka Asia K) said...

One word - AMAZING!!! Oh, I so love dress forms and you've decorated yours so stylish and elegant! Beautiful Parisienne chic!!! Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at the Fashionable Stamping Challenges ;). Och la la!!!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Beautiful card!

Yvonne Garner said...

Wow! I love your card. Your work blows me away. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving kind words.

Fliss said...

This is beautiful Debbie and that gorgeous stamp is to die for. Love the fab background too.
Thanks for joining in with the first Fashionable Stamping challenge and hope to see you again.
Fliss x

Gisèle said...

You are from Halifax !!!! I am orginally from Montréal and now live in Gatineau....
This is the most beautiful creation; I always see this stamp in their magazine and drool over it...
Absolutely breathtaking card...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...