Saturday, August 20, 2011

Configurations Box - Part 1

I finally started my Configurations Box. I bought it about 3 months ago. It sat in the corner giving me the evil eye anytime I looked it's way! I guess I was a little apprehensive. Big project.

The following photos are various shots of the box covered in paper and tissue tape. Wanted to show you what it looked like before I start to fill all the individual boxes. I covered the paper and tissue tape with the Rock Candy Crackle Paint; about 3 coats. A little dab here and there of DI Vintage Photo on tissue tape. I had Tim's tutorial on YouTube (see end of post), playing as I was cutting and pasting, to get a basic idea of how to cover it.

Papers used:
- Tim Holtz: Lost and Found, Crowded Attic and Vintage Shabby
- Graphic45 Steampunk Debutante: Mechanical Mind
- Pink Paislee Butterfly Collection
- October Afternoon Thrift Shop: Complete Set
- Basic Grey Stella Ruby

Other stuff:
- Tim Holtz Tissue Tape: Sketchbook
- Distress Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint
- Tim Holtz Corners and Curio Knob
- Distress Ink Vintage Photo

Click on photos for larger images:




With lid off. Not using the acrylic piece that fits in cover because I will likely have things hanging.


Top
Bottom
Back
This is a stamp I had made at Carousel Rubber Stamps, a local scrapbooking store. I stamp this on the the back of all my cards, along with a date stamp.





Tim's tutorials:





Why don't you try one! Would love to see! Off I go to start filling these teeny tiny boxes! I will post part 2, hopefully before Christmas! Ha Ha! Thanks for stopping by! Have a look around before you go and leave a word or two! Have a fabulous inky and creative weekend!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous - love the paper, tissue paper and even the detail of the custom stamp - way to just go for it. Look forward to seeing it with items inside - but it is lovely as is !
Danita

AssiCrafts said...

Very beautifully done! Very curious about the finished box. xoxo

craftattack said...

Looks great! I bought one almost a year back, and up till now I have managed to unpack it....perhaps I should get it out of the closet! Hugs, Valerie

KOLOROWY ptak said...

Amazing!

Dorothy said...

Gorgeous!!!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Debbie
Fascinating to see it go from naked to clothed with those papers and tissue tape. Please don't want another 3 months before completing the box as I cannot wait to see what you fill it with.
Wishes
Lynne

PsyPenguin said...

Beautifully done, i love the eclectic mix of papers you've used. Really looking forward to seeing the finished piece. Xx

Wanda H said...

A beautiful start!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the start! I like the brightness of the papers, can't wait to see what's next. And I also love your lady at the top of your blog page!

Patricia said...

So BEAUTIFUL!
Greetz Patricia

Cathy Y said...

That looks fantastic!

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just beautiful Debbie! I love your choice of papers. I do hope you are going to post pics when it's done! Might be the kick I need to get started on mine!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Hi this is so fab, I can't wait to see what is next, it looks great.I want to try one but not while the children are on holidays, I will though.happy crafting trace x

Marjie Kemper said...

Looks great already! I like your approach, too, to do all the interiors first. When I made mine I did box by box and then assembled, but I think when/if I do another, I will follow your lead.

Mary's Museum said...

The box is fantastic, I love it. great work.,

Kazza said...

Love your config box Debby. Looking forward to seeing it filled :0)
I have to confess that I too have one waiting to be covered ( I have hidden mine away though so it can't taunt me LOL). xx

Broadh2o said...

It's really lovely! Your colors are so beautiful. I can't wait to see part II. Great work :)

shirley said...

Love your colourful configuration box.
Looking forward to seeing it filled.
Thanks for the Tim Holtz youtubes.

Marina said...

Wow! Look forward to part two!

Chris / CS Designs said...

OMG!!! I love your configuration box. This is an absolutely fabulous project.
:) Chris / CS Designs
http://www.cs-designs.blogspot.com/
http://www.doodlepieces.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Inspirational. Mine is looking at me too maybe now is the moment to start.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...