Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Are We There Yet?

Click on photo for larger image
I have been told by a good friend that I said this every hour on the hour, on a road trip to New Brunswick to visit her grandmother and dozens of cousins. 


We were about 21 or 22 at the time. My first road trip without my parents. I sat in the back, Roxanne was driving, and another friend, Janet was sitting in the front. I guess I was so excited to go on a trip without my parents and it was my first time to the East Coast of Canada, that I could hardly wait to get there! About 16 hours driving, straight through; taking turns driving; stopping only for gas and washroom, Roxanne and Janet could finally say "Yes Debbie", you are here!


Tag is entered in these challenges:
1. Grungy Monday 21: Transparent Illusions
2. Simon Says Stamp and Show: Travel
3. Dragons Dream TIO#93 - Travel
4. The Stamp Man CH#30 - Travel

For the Grungy Monday challenge on Linda's blog, Studio L3, we are asked to do a TH technique, using fragments, packing tape, alcohol inks embossing powders. Awesome technique! The lic. plate "paper" at the bottom of the tag was done with the packing tape technique, only I didn't put a fragment over top of it. You must go have a look on Tim's blog for all the details. 


The sentiment stamp is part of a set called "Simple Thoughts - Travel" from Fiskar's Cloud 9 Clear Stamps. I bought it at Winners. This sentiment caught my eye and I knew I had to have it! There are 15 stamps in the set. The road map background paper was from a travel paper pack that I found in my stash. Unknown origins!


Closeups. Click on photos for larger images:

The checkerboard stamp is TH from the Ultimate Grunge Set. Ball & Chain, gear and brad are also TH Idea-ology stuff. Stamped the background with DI Scattered Straw, Brushed Corduroy, Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo around edge. A shot of Glimmer Mist Coffee Shop to finish it off. The little paper wheel is from my drawer; unknown origin!

The key was done using Grungeboard Elements and the "Rusted Grunge" technique. Page 45 in Tim's book, "A Compendium of Curiosities". Check out his blog for his book or he may have a demo of this technique. The chap with the cap is from Tim's Lost and Found paper stack. Charm Fragment and Game Spinner are also TH. Car stamp is from TH Mini Muse set and was stamped on Grungepaper and inked with Vintage Photo. 

Oh look! Can you see? There goes Roxanne, Janet and Debbie on their road trip! "Are We There Yet?!"

Couldn't find a good Tom Cochrane original version of his song, but I found this movie video for one of the Cars movies, of Rascal Flatts singing, "Life Is A Highway". Sing along if you want to! You know you want to! Have a great road trip!


Thanks for stopping by! 
Look around before you go and leave a word or two! 
Have a very inky and creative week!



33 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

love Love LOVE your tag Debbie!

paddy said...

what a great tag! great design - keeps your eye on the tag

Candy C said...

Hi Debbie. Your vintage tag is awesome! Love everything about it. Great design and use of color and elements! Also loved the personalized touch of adding Roxanne, Janet and yourself in the vintage car! :) Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

Michele Oliver said...

Love it, very cool.

Patricia said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
All the dtails are so LOVELEY!
I love this COOL tag.
Greetz Patricia

Karen said...

Great tag - Love how you've combined the two challenges on it.

craftattack said...

Love your tag Debbie, great story, colours, composition, everything! Have a good day, Hugs, Valerie

Dragon said...

Oh Debbie... I am SO thrilled to be able to tell you I love your work... I can't ever comment on your Stampman challenge entries. This tag is absolutley fabulous, and what a dreamy story, so thanks for dreaming with us this week at TIO
Frankie
xx

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous tag beautifully made, love your background story LOL Thank you for sharing with us at Dragon's Dream TIO XOXO Zoe

ElizabethR said...

Fab tag Debbie I love the rusty key. Thanks for sharing your dream with us at the TIO this week. Elizabeth x

Faye said...

Debbie, I love your fantastic tag. I also love Nova Scotia. I wish I could make another trip there.

Wax Beach Artist said...

What a fabulous tag!!! I love your transfer and your rusty key, too cool! "Are we there yet" was the perfect sentiment for the tag. I used to swear if I heard that one more time from my kids I would scream, so I had to laugh when I saw it on your tag. My kids are grown now so it's a fond memory rather than an aggravating one, lol.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cool texture pieces and embellishments on this! Also, I love the Cars clip! : ) So fun!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah

Helen said...

Debbie, this is perfect! Loved the story that goes with it - I thought it was only small people (!) who ask "are we there yet", lol!! Thanks for dreaming with us at TIO.

Kelly Massman said...

These are great! I love the style, even though I can't do it myself!!!! Thanks so much for your visit today to my blog! I also love the name of your blog--too funny!

Lillian Mederak said...

Love LOVE your tag Debbie

Lillian
xx Lilli
Lillian Mederak.
http://www.canadianscraptramp.blogspot.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mixedmediaart/

Wanda said...

Fabulous! Love your choice of colours and the key is awesome. I just love everything about your tag. Thanks for joining us this week on the TIO challenge.
Wanda xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic tag, love the colors and all the elements.

Gillian .... said...

Love your vintage inspired tag Debbie, the quote is just perfect:)

Shelann said...

Love the vintage theme you carried through out and the beautiful fragment.

Leovi said...

I love this delightful composition

Marjie Kemper said...

Love this, Debbie! Your fragment is awesome and the whole tag is rocking. Love the sentiment on the map!

sasa said...

A real show-stopper and cheeky face! A fabulous tag oozing with vintage feel and I just love the colours!
Thanks for sharing with Simon says Stamp & Show!
Sarah

Terry said...

Love what you did with the travel theme and leaving lose ends on the map fragment! Great tag!

Toni said...

Deb I just love this... every little detail goes together PERFECTLY !!!!

Angela Weimer said...

Loving your tag. lots of great bits to look at and see. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man fortnightly challenge and have a great day. Angela

Sue West said...

I love your tag Debbie, all the elements work so well together, I keep finding new bits to look at.
Sue :)

okienurse said...

Great looking tag! Love all the different things I have looked at. Awesome!

Gaby Bee said...

Your vintage inspired tag looks amazing! I adore all the wonderful embellishments you used and the composition is gorgeous!

Hope your day is going great!
Gaby xo

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Awwwwwwwwww look at the little faces peeping out!!!! This is so cool, what fantastic little details, details that make this stunning. Love the spinner arrow too. Off to have another look!

ps...16 hours!!!! SIXTEEEEEEEEN!!!! Thats insane!! I'm not suprised you were losing the plot and 'asking are we there yet'!! I'd have eaten the other passengers by then!

Denise said...

What a crazy cool tag!!! I love the ball and chain with the key through it.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Your tag is terrific Debbie! Just chocked full of all sorts of TH techniques and vintage goodness. Rusted Grunge is one of my all time favorite techniques - love your key! Your post made me chuckle too! Always great to have you joining in the fun with us over at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

fairy thoughts said...

great tag and I love the story that went with it. I am still making mine needs a few more days
thanks for sharing
janet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...