Friday, July 1, 2011

TOFF #1 - Alice and Company

Happy Birthday from the Cheshire Cat
This is the first challenge of The Octopode Factory Friday Challenge. I am really excited about this challenge! Thanks to Lily and her DT!

Lily Chilvers is a very talented artist and has created these adorable, weird and wonderful little creatures in digi stamps, collage sheets, and some rubber. Check out her blog, The Octopode Factory, here, and her Etsy Shop, here.

The first challenge is all about Alice In Wonderland. Being a cat lover, I couldn't resist The Cheshire Cat! I coloured worn and torn kitty in the colours of our precious Abby, who is an Abyssinian. Here she is here:

Abby
The pinwheel and cat print stamps are from Michael's $1.50 bin, the sentiment and number stamps are from sets of unknown origin. The corrugated cardboard frame is from a set called Corrugated Shapes and is by a company called,  Jillibean Soup. For you local folks, I bought them at Carsand-Mosher. Really like them a lot.

The background newsprint is from 
The Graphics Fairy. Inked up with Distress Ink Vintage Photo. Used various coloured pencils on cat, pinwheel, bandages and ear. Shot of Glimmer Mist Coffee Shop on newsprint.

So, if you are not familiar with The Octopode Factory family of weird and wonderful little creatures, visit Lily's blog and her Etsy store! Go to the challenge blog and see the other entries. The links are in the comments!

And last but not least, a video! I always like to have a video of some sort to go with my post. Either a music video or a technique video. For this post, I thought Al Stewart performing his hit song "The Year of the Cat" would do nicely. It's from around 1977. 
Have a look and listen. Sing along if you want to...you know you do!




Thanks for stopping by! Have a look around while you're here and leave a word or two before you head off to The Octopode Factory Friday Challenge #1: Alice In Wonderland! Have a fantastic weekend, and to all you fellow Canadians, HAPPY CANADA DAY!

11 comments:

Mandy C said...

i love this, the colours of the cheshire cat and the background, gorgeous-ness!

Happy Canada day :)

craftattack said...

Lovely card! It's not a holiday here in Germany, but I wish you a happy day and a good weekend! Valerie

PsyPenguin said...

Love this card - It's really fun and the sentiment is great! and Abby is a beautiful cat. xx

Grannie Annie said...

Love your Cheshire Cat he's my favorite character in Alice...your words are fabulous and so is the name of your blog...you have a wonderful sense of humor!!!

Sue said...

Great piece Debbie....I have a soft spot for the Cheshire Cat as I live in Cheshire!

CuddlyBunny said...

Happy Canada Day to you!

Your Abby is gorgeous, and you proved it by emulating her perfection in your amazing and beautiful card!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful piece, your coloring is perfect.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Hi, thanks for leaving a note on my blog so I could see your great blog. First, I luv the name of your blog, lol! I scrolled all the way to the bottom and must tell you I just luv your style, your art is fabby! hugz

The Octopode Factory said...

fantastic! i love EVERYTHING about this.

Nicks said...

great use of the cheshire cat - I am, like you a huge fan of Lily's work - so interesting how differently people use the stamps

Sharon said...

This is great Debbie - I love the "old" look to it and the text background and of course the Cheshire Cat is wonderful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...