Saturday, July 30, 2011

My beautiful balloon

Red, Orange, Yellow, Twinkie & Spykee
I love these colours together! I adore the weird little people designed by Penney and Daniel Torrente. I know Stampotique Original Stamps sell other stamps, but I'm hooked on these characters! Click on photo for larger image.

Challenges: 
Technical Stuff:
  • Distress Inks used: Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Brushed  Corduroy around the edge. The technique is the Color Block Technique. YouTube has Tim Holtz demonstrating this technique. Great video.
  • Twinkie and Spykee are both Stampotique Original Stamps.
  • Twinkie was stamped on white CS and watercoloured with DI to match background. Added some matching glitter pens to his clothes. Spykee's head was stamped on white CS and then coloured with glitter pens.
  • The flower is Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die. Used vellum. Sprayed flower and tag with orange and yellow Clearsnap Smooch-Spritz, and Red Velvet Glimmer Mist
  • Kitchen string, sentiment is from computer ; flesh and blush coloured pencils for their faces. Atyou Spica Glitter Pens, which I bought locally at Carsand-Mosher ; Orange and Lipstick.
  • The "balloon" is circle punched from a paint chip! Love paint chips!
The Cutting Garden is back! They are a local scrapbooking store and they just set up a new online site. They are going to start selling Stampotique stamps online! Woo Hoo! Got to start saving my pennies!

Today U2 is playing the last of their 360 World Tour in Moncton New Brunswick, which is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from here (Halifax, Nova Scotia). So, because this is one of my fav songs of theirs and it goes with the "Beautiful" tag, here they are performing, Beautiful Day, in Slane Castle Ireland a few years ago. Sing along! You know you want to! For those of you attending the concert today in Moncton, I hope it stops raining!


Thanks for stopping by! 
Look around and leave a word or two before you go!


Happy and Honoured! I was selected as a "Top 3" for this tag by Kaz at the SDC35: Red, Orange, Yellow Stampotique Stamps Challenge! Thank you and congrats to Sam and Arwen and all participants who entered! A special congrats to the winner of the random draw, Anikraft. Awesome artwork!

20 comments:

sasa said...

such fun, and a fab idea with the balloon - love the colours too! Thank you so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Show challenge.
Sarah.

Kaz said...

I love this creation Debbie, you've really rocked those colours! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

Willy said...

Love your tag, Debbie! It's so funny and beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge # 35.

fatmonica said...

Brilliant tag!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This makes me :)
The colours and the stamps.
Such fun.
Wishes
Lynne

Beth aka BR-T said...

I love the decapitation of Spykee for the center of the flower/balloon!

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

This is such a strong bright card - love it.

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

WOW - what an awesome card/tag!! I just love thatballoon and such cool stamps too - LOVE what you did with them!

Jane Wetzel said...

ALRITE! THIS could be one of my favs for sure this time! LOVE this sweet thing! :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fabulous tag, love the baloon flower.

Nancy said...

Love this!!! I have to get some of those stamps!!

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Debbie
You deserved to have your card featured, I absolutely loved it. If you contact Val she will provide a button you can add to your sidebar and also congratulations on your win of $10 voucher. I know it can be difficult finding time for challenges but it would be lovely to see your artwork again amongst the entries.
A nice start to the week, isn't it to win something :)
Wishes
Lynne

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Wonderful, Debbie!!! Your colors are so vibrant - gorgeous!! I always look forward to your entries in The Stampotique Designer's Challenge - thank you for joining us!
Val :)

hazel said...

Wonderful tag - the colours are fabulous. I love the balloon.
xxx Hazel.

Eloise said...

What a great card... I like how you cut out Spykee's head and put her in the flower.

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Fabulous a bright pop of colour and clever design, I love your imagination, Gay xxx

Gez said...

Fab, fab, fab!! & my favourite song too!! I had a blast of this song last night.. I taped it when they were live singing outside in the rain at Glastonbury a few weeks ago. Amazing! Thanks for the memory!

dutchstamptramp said...

WOW!!! What a stunner, such a nice strong colours and I love the whole idea. Thank you for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Alison said...

Absolutely brilliant Debbie! Love it! Ooh, my fave U2 song!! :o))) x

Basement Stamper said...

I'm not sure how I missed this fabulous creation, I love the "balloons". Great creation! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...