Sunday, July 17, 2011

Going to the Chapel

"May your Happily Ever After begin with a beautiful today"
I think my second favourite style is Vintage/Shabby Chic. My first being distressed, grungy dirty and inky. Great fun making this. Click on the photos to see larger images.


First off, this card is for 3 challenges:
  1. Sunday Stamper-Week 163 - Build Me Up Buttercup. Hels has asked us to build our own flower embellishment.
  2. Our Vintage Affair. The July challenge is a card or altered item done in a Wedding theme and of course, vintage.
  3. MMM Challenge 7 - Vintage Shabby Chic, Torn or Crumpled
What I Used & What I Did:
- DP is Butterfly Garden Collection pack. For you locals, I bought it at Carsand-Mosher
- border lace, pearls, & tulle from Michael's
- the flower is made from the same DP, using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die as the base, then tearing circles of DP, for the top two layers. Flower edges were inked with Distress Ink, Vintage Photo, folded up a bit, and glittered up with Distress Stickles in Tattered Rose and Scattered Straw. Before gluing to card I arranged some tulle on card, and then attached flower.
- the butterfly was cut out from same paper and popped up; glittered up with Distress Stickles Tattered Rose
- Nesties Petite Ovals Large
- photo corner punch
- sentiment stamp is from Stampin' Up! the Ever After set.
- the Vintage Bride & Groom image is from this site: BlissTree. It looks like it originally came from this site: Chicks57 on Flickr, but it doesn't appear to be there anymore.
- folded some tulle around photo and tucked underneath photo and then glued down onto card.


Some closeups:



I hate math. I had problems all through school with math and numbers. When I make cards, I kind of wing-it or eyeball the sizes. "If it ain't crooked, it ain't handmade" is what I always say! 


So, I have problems with envelopes; my cards don't fit most of the time. I know, I do have a Scor-Pal, and someday I will figure out how to make envelopes. This is why I married an engineer! He's good with numbers. Maybe I'll get him to figure it out for me!


Anyway, I found these bags. They are perfect and I like the look of them. They are not like the lunch bags you buy at the Supermarket; they don't have expandable bottoms. I can't say where I "found" them. Let's just say, when I toast my bagel in the cafeteria at work, they have a basket with bags to put your bagels in.


Have a look:

You can decorate them to match your card, and I think they are vintage looking. I used  the Spellbinders Fancy Tags die, so you can write the bride and grooms names. Punched a hole with my slot punch and added ribbon. Better than an envelope!

Here's a good video. Billy Idol singing "White Wedding". Great "get-up-and-dance" song! Great exercise! Sing along if you want to! You know you do!




 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a look around and leave a comment before you go! Have a great week and stay cool!

I'm very excited and honoured! This card was chosen as one of the Top 3 in the MMM Challenge 7 - Vintage, Shabby Chic, Torn or Crumpled! Thank you so much, and to Jacqueline for an awesome challenge!

23 comments:

busymartha said...

You Wedding card is beautiful, you really nailed the Vintage, Shabby Chic look! I think you should created more in this line-awesome work!

Bubbles said...

That is just so pretty - the flower embellishment really caught my eye - it's gorgeous!
I wanted to do a paper-cup mini album not so long ago... funny how our local craft shop supplies free tea and coffee, and I just happened to need 2 cups together (just so's I wouldn't get burned by the hot coffee *lol*)
I'm sure the cafeteria orders extra bags just in case... :)

Anonymous said...

Love the beautiful card. It looks even better than I imagined it would when you were describing what you were going to do. - Grace

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card, love how you used the tulle and that ribbon is to die for! Martha Stewart has a little wedge that make making envelopes so easy. She has a chart too, maybe ask a friend to share with your DG and he can make something for your Scorepal.

craftattack said...

Gorgeous card, and I love that flower! And the old bag, too! Hugs, Valerie

Hels Sheridan said...

Absolutely STUNNING!! What a special card, your flower is beautiful ... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Yvonne Garner said...

Wow! Your work is stunning! You have inspired me. Thanks for sharing.

Cazro said...

Wow!This card is stunning, totally amazingly stunning. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Hope to see you next week. Caz

Bimart´s ateliê said...

UAU!Que cartão maravilhoso!Eu amei,obrigada por mostrar os elementos que você usou!Agora sou sua seguidora!Obrigada pela visita,volte sempre ok?beijos.

Wax Beach Artist said...

I love how you made the veil go over the picture of the newlyweds, genius!

Kitika said...

This is realy stunning card. The colors, the textures, the awesome use of darling image, including your use of that charming flower! Love the shabby details! So pretty!

downrightcrafty said...

absolutely gorgeous, love all the detail so pretty
thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us at Our Vintage Affair
Hugs Kate xx

Suzanne Brookfield said...

A gorgeous card Debbie, love all the layering! Lovely to see you playing along with Make My Monday. I am now following your blog. Suzanne :)

jacirascrap said...

Lindo cartão, o tule deu um toque super feminino ao projeto! obrigada por me escrever!!

Jaluza Scrap said...

Lindo!!!
Um cartão maravilhoso.

Dolly Daydreams said...

This stunning what a beautiful creation! The flower is sensational and I do love my flowers, love the lace and the image , infect I love it all ,

Marie

Annar said...

Gorgeous card !
Thank you for joining us at Our Vintage Affair

Aquarius said...

Beautiful card for the occasion and for the MMM challenge

My name is Toni said...

This is Awesome !!!! Love the envelope you made for this card. The flower is just adorable... and to finish off with Billy.... applause :) xoxo Thank you for creating with us at Our Vintage Affair. xoxo

annevctr said...

Lovely card flower it beautiful. Billy Idol can't go wrong. Saw card on make on . Hugs Vickyx

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Debbie this is just stunning. I love it. Thankyou for joining us over at Our Vintage Affair.
Hugs
Michelle

yours truly said...

A truly beautiful card!

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely gorgeous Debbie - love the vintage wedding theme. And thanks for including the Billy Idol video - how cute was he?!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...