Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Flight of Fancy

I made this tag/card for my dear friend Roxanne, for her birthday which is coming up in August. She's not into "computing", so I'm pretty sure she won't see this post. She lives in Ontario in a pretty little place called Niagara-On-The-Lake, which is about 5 min. from Niagara Falls Canada. Both of us were born and raised in St. Catharines Ontario.


This tag fits 3 challenges:
1. Sunday Stamper Week 162 FLYING Theme Challenge over at Hels blog, Ink on My Fingers.

2. Try It On Tuesday: Tag - Birds and Bees

3. Theme Thursday Challenge - Wings 


The How-To's and What-Not's:
- Stamped tag with Distress Inks, Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold, Wild Honey, Vintage Photo using Tim Holtz colour block technique, then stamped with music background stamp, and a few squirts of Glimmer Mist Coffee Shop.
- Music Tissue Tape and pin are TH also.
- Lace and ribbon from Dollar Store
- Sentiment and bird stamp are Close To My Heart, Find Your Style set.
- Bling from Michael's


A couple of closeups:



Here's a video that's a good fit for the FLYING theme. A funny music video by The Foo Fighters, performing their song "Learn To Fly". Have a look and listen. Sing along if you want to. You know you want to!


Thanks for stopping by! Have a look around before you go and leave a word or two!

4 comments:

Bubbles said...

Oh, that's so beautiful!

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi There, Great tag, love the colours sentiment and lace, nah! I love it all LOL Gay xxx
I had a Burmese cream, gorgeous just like Abyssinians, miss him everyday :{

Hels Sheridan said...

oooh gorgeousness here ... love love love it... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper.. apologies for my late visit.. been on my holidays :O))

PsyPenguin said...

Very pretty tag! Lovely colours and I love the vintage feel that the lace gives it. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...