Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Two For One...Tag and Distress Inks Challenges


Well this is nice. I finally made something that will cover two challenges! Giving this tag to my 88 year-old father-in-law for Father's Day. I love making tags!
  
Here's the techno babble:
- Distress Inks used; Chipped Sapphire, Vintage Photo, Black Soot, Weathered Wood
- Car stamp is Stampers Anon. Tim Holtz Mini Muse set
- Checkerboard stamp is Stampers Anon. Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge
- Hardware is TH Ideal-ology Gears and Sprockets; brad, mini clip, Tiny Attacher
- "ROD" letters and strip of lic. plates from TH Paper Stash Lost & Found stack
- TH film ribbon over "ROD"
- Katherine Hepburn sentiment stamp ; don't know!
- Happy Father's Day from computer; typewriter font
- World stamp is Clear Art Stamps, Journey set with a TH circle fragment on top 
- Glimmer Mists, Caribbean Blue and Coffee Shop


Entered in:
Grungy Monday #10 - Distress Inks
Simon Says Stamp and Show a Tag Challenge
Go on over to the challenges and check out the entries! 
  
Oh wait! Bet you thought I forgot! Well, I couldn't find a good Father's Day song, so here's a good one of Paul McCartney singing "Drive My Car". Since I have a car in the tag, I thought this would go nicely. Paul opened with this song when he came to Halifax in 2009. This is the concert in Quebec in 2008.  Thanks for looking and have a very creative day!


Sing along if you want to! You know you do.....


12 comments:

Wax Beach Artist Connie said...

Super great tag. I am sure Father-in law will love it. I love that quote, it made me smile :)

Candy C said...

Very cool tag! I love it! Love the colors and all the images work so well together. The sprocket as a steering wheel...perfect! Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

Jane said...

Great tag! Fun theme, and love that saying!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Great vintage tag.
Wishes
Lynne

Kelly said...

Very cool, I really like the license plates and everything. It really comes together nicely!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a fun and whimsical tag! Love the checkerboard road for the car to drive on the and the blue flecks... really nice!

thekathrynwheel said...

Cool tag! The colours work so well together :-)

Gerri Herbst said...

Wonderful tag! Love your choice of images and colors. Thanks for adding the music clip too! take care, gerri

Plume said...

Your tag is dynamic! great design!

sasa said...

saw this at GM (I'm at 46)and SSS&S...it's just fabulous. Love the background and splash of blue. You chose the perfect stamps and colours! Thanks for joining in with Simon Says Stamp & Show!
Sarah

Linda @ Studio L3 said...

Debbie, even the tiny thumbnail I saw for the Grungy Monday entries looked lovely, and seeing it now full size? WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Your use of Distress Ink is masterful, and the design just rocks. Plus, anytime someone quotes Katherine Hepburn AND includes a Paul McCartney song, they're automatically my hero. Bravo!!!

Nancy said...

Love your tag!!! And you chose one of my all-time fav Beatles songs - wonderful!

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...