|Shopping Is A Form Of Art|
First off here are the challenges:
1. Gingersnap Creations: GC108: Color Of Money
3. Grungy Monday 12: Tim Holtz Technique April 2008
The "Colour of Money" challenge is to use the colours found in your money. Half way through making this tag, for the TH challenge, I came upon this challenge and thought the colours were very close to our $100 dollar bill. I just happened to have one hanging around! Canadian money is very colourful. You can see the other denominations and the colours, here. It was just in the news in the last day or 2, that Canadian paper money is going to be replaced with plastic money. Supposed to last a lot longer than paper. Hope it's not too bulky!
The other components fit in with the "At The Mall" challenge; price tag, sentiment, woman with handbag.
The brown grid piece on the tag is for the "Grungy Monday 12: Tim Holtz Challenge" You can see his demo here.
I say "colour", you say "color". Here's the lowdown on "colour and color"
The scoop on supplies used:
- Distress Inks: Tattered Rose (my fav!), Shabby Shutters, Vintage Photo, Bundled Sage
- Stamps: Tim Holtz stitch stamp, grid stamp.
- Lovely lady is from TH paper stack, Crowded Attic
- Americana DecoArt Milk Chocolate (yum!) Acrylic Paint
- Spica Buttermilk Glitter Pen on her hat and purse
- Odds and Sods: tape measure from Dollar Store, ribbon was beige and was inked with matching Distress Inks used on tag, button, eyelet, sentiment from computer in American Typewriter font, safety pin.
- Price tag from a blouse. Don't know what blouse. I don't believe I have it anymore. It was actually marked down to $50. (the sale price part of the tag was fluroscent red and didn't go so I cut it off) There's no friggin' way I'd pay $80 for a blouse! $80 Canadian, that is!
|Without the dough|
Here's a good video. Meryl Streep singing Money, Money, Money from Mama Mia. Have a look and listen. Sing if you want to! You know you want to....
Very excited and honoured! This card was chosen as a "Top 10 Ginger Gem" in the Gingersnap Creations: GC108 The Color Of Money Challenge! Thank you so much!