Sunday, May 15, 2011

SDC - Recycle - Coffee Sleeve Mini-Album

I entered this mini-album made of coffee sleeves in the  Stampotique Designers Challenge - Recycle that local gal Val is hosting. I attended a coffee sleeve mini-album class at Photo Memories this past Friday, taught by the fabulous mini-albums guru, Sue! The coffee sleeves are covered with paper of your choice,  and sealed on the bottom with really good sticky tape, leaving the top open to put more photos and memorabilia. There are lots of tutorials on YouTube.

I decided to do a mini concert album using leftover ticket stubs (saved Mike's ticket stubs too!), and add some photos. I already have two 12x12 scrapbook albums of concerts from 1975 to the present, but thought I would make this little "coffee table" album, with 5 concerts we attended. Really glad I saved my ticket stubs! Great memories! Make sure you see the back cover!


Check out the "Volume" button. It's in a bottle cap, with TH circle fragment on top of it.  It's part of the Inkadinkado Music Inchies set. The ticket is TH Odds & Ends set. Zutter Bind-It-All was used to join pages together (Got to get me one! Love this little pink toy! Mike, if you're reading this...). Photo Memories in Halifax carries Bind-It-All and all the accessories. 

Love Chris Isaak! I never thought he would ever come to Halifax! Had second row seats!

As you can see, I collected Beatles Trading Cards. Although in my day we called them Bubble Gum Cards! Yuck! That gum was horrible! Tasted like cardboard. Never did get a complete set.

Included here, is the Toronto Star concert review. Mike surprised me last Christmas (2009) with tickets to see Bon Jovi in Toronto. He was amused at all the middle aged women and their teenage daughters at the concert! Kid Rock opened. He was great too. Fabulous trip! We lived in Toronto for 14 years. I hadn't been back since '92, so it was great to tour around our old neighbourhood and play tourist! Mike has been back on business trips since we moved to Halifax in '90. We meet in a bar (where else!) in Toronto in '79. Love TO! Had a great visit with family and friends. 

Just like seeing the "real thing"! They were awesome!

It's Twinkie! He's with the band!
Poor Twinkie! I had to stamp him, then scan him in to the computer so I could shrink him to fit the back of the album!



Here's a reminder of what a coffee sleeve looks like. Great little project. Start savin' up those sleeves. Possibilities are endless!




One of my all-time favourite Beatles song. Here's some trivia on the song Get Back. Paul sang it in his encore set, when he played in Halifax July 11, 2009.  Day before my birthday! Awesome birthday present! Have a look and listen.
Sing along if you want to! You know you want to!

8 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's really a little treasure.

johanna said...

what a wonderful memory keeper!! a joy forever! love the colors; the back cover is great, too! shows you had a good time!

Willy said...

I didn't know those coffee sleeves, Debbie. Your mini album is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge # 30.

Bubbles said...

Wow... to think I've turned down every chance I ever got to go to a concert... except one - where I went into labour and had my son 2 weeks early and missed a free gig in Glasgow by Wet Wet Wet.
Love your memorabilia... and the little mini is fantastic!

Saskia said...

Great project, I love that volume button! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. You have an awesome blog.

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Holy crow, Debbie!!!! Wow, this is AMAZING!!! What a pile of work - but boy is it worth it! Unreal!! Is it a play on words to say that you've ROCKED this challenge!!!?? LOL! I'm so glad you've shared with us at Stampotique! Best of luck in the draw!
Val :)
PS: Hope to join you in Sue's next class!!

dutchstamptramp said...

What a perfect recycle idea and gorgeous album. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Gez said...

Wow! I am lost for words. What an awesome creation & wonderful keepsake..you certainly DID ~ ROCK this challenge.

Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...