Monday, May 9, 2011

Calliope The Mermaid

This beautiful mermaid card was not done by me. It was done by Grace, a co-worker. She made it for Catherine who turned 12 years old. The stamps are Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, (a Canadian Company, I might add! Yeahhh!). Her name is Calliope, and she comes with her friend the octopus. Grace used Distress Inks, Broken China, Peeled Paint & Faded Jeans for the watercolour background. She paper pieced Calliope and the octopus, then popped them up with foam dots. Dew Drops were placed on top of the bubbles to give them a 3D look. Copics and coloured pencils were also used.

Here's a closer look:
Awesome card, Grace! Thanks for letting me post this!

Ok, time for a sing-along! Go ahead! You know you want to!!

I heard you! Not bad! Not bad at all! Thanks for looking! 
Leave a word or two before you go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the addition of The Little Mermaid song. I'm flattered that I am worthy of being on your awesome blog! Thanks Debbie.
Grace : )

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Grace! All that layering - wow! Louise

Bubbles said...

Wow... to have that kind of patience! I'm impressed Grace!
And thank you Debbhie for sharing Grace's work... and for giving me a chance to squawk "under the sea" as loud as I can... with the windows open and the neighbours wincing *lol*

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Lovely mermaid, great 3-D-look.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...