Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Steampunk!?

Cycling Through Life ... Enjoy the Journey!

 I made this card for a co-worker's husband's birthday. I decided to try a little Steampunk  The gentleman on the bike is a free graphic from The Graphics Fairy. Awesome site! You have to go! I would say this is a "soft" Steampunk card, as I have seen a lot of very "heavy metal" cards and scrapbook pages out there! They make great male cards. 

The sentiment inside reads:  "Life is like a ten-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use!" ~ Charles M. Shultz

Consider yourself Steampunked!

Supplies used:
- Watercolour background technique using Distress Inks, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Sprocket Gears; Tim Holtz Idea-ology Game Spiners. Tim Holtz Idea-ology Adhesive Tissue Tape.
- Hinge is Tim Holtz Grungeboard Plain Elements; inked with Vintage Photo and "smooshed" with my finger some Vintage Photo Distress Stickles
- Sentiments from computer
- Metal squares (on corners) Michael's $1.50 bin.


Here are a couple more. Same layout, slightly different colours and hardware:

PS - What do you think of my new layout? 
Shabby Chic Vintage, perhaps? The lady in the header is "Matilda". She reminded me of the old movies from the '40s, which I love! The background and header is from Cute and Cool Free Backgrounds By Itkupilli I thought it went perfect with my blog title!


3 comments:

Tania said...

very nice card, I love the sentiment you used!

Anonymous said...

Your card is great! I love how you used steampunk "softly". It looks edgy without being scary!!

Melanie said...

Love the 'grunge!' lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...