Thursday, April 14, 2011

Birthday Boy!

Who can resist Twinkle? Made this card for a co-worker who is turning the big 5-0. The brick wall is Tim Holtz Texture Fade Brick. I did the watercolour technique using Distress Inks, Age Mahogany, Fired Brick and some Black Soot. I applied the same inks after with my trusty felt applicator until I got the look I wanted. Twinkle (from Stampotique Originals),  is paper pieced. Use flesh and blush colour pencils on face and hands. "You're turning 50" are from the stamp set, Stampendous. The other words are from computer. Grounded him on gray cs. His hat I drew free-hand on striped paper and then cut out and added some blue fibre. Happy Birthday Bruce! :)

Entered this card in the Grungy Monday Challenge at Studio L3

12 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Love this, he is the cutest ever!

Plume said...

This card is so cute! love the caracter and the funny spirit of the sentiment.

flutterbycrafter said...

Oh, this card is adorable, it just made me laugh out loud, what a brilliant idea, just brilliant

Gillian said...

Love Twinkle against this backround, great card.

Helen said...

I love this and would have been honoured to get such a card - sadly I am past the count now!!

MarleneMAZ said...

Love your background! great card too:)

Jane said...

I LOVE it. Such a great 5-0 card! And you rocked the technique

Minxy said...

Loving it, the wall looks so real :D

Claudia said...

Wow, this is wonderful!

Shelann said...

Your birthday reveler is great, I had to run over to Stampotique and fill up my cart!

sasa said...

Great to see you up and blogging! Great stamp and fun card!
Sarah

Linda Ledbetter said...

Debbie, this card is so awesome it would take the sting right out of turning 50! What a darling design. I love those funky Stampotique images, and the party had and text and little graffiti heart suit this little guy perfectly. The GM04 technique makes a spectacular background!!!

It's brilliant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...