Friday, March 18, 2011

Love Birds

I made this card for friends who are celebrating their 30th Wedding Anniversary. Yes, it's the watercolour background technique, yet again! Used Distress Inks, Faded Jeans and Broken China.

Before applying the birds, stamps extra, I sprayed the whole card with Glacier Glimmer Mist. Doesn't show up very well here. The birds & heart are from the Bo Bunny Love Birds set. The T.H. stamp, the meaning of Love, I stamped on white card stock, inked with Distress Ink Vintage Photo. Then tore a piece of the blue away and distress all edges, and slipped the "Love" under it.

The flourish branch, I stamped twice (birds are sitting on them), and the paper clip and heart holder, are both T.H. Border flourish is Stampology. Happy Anniversary is typed on computer, printed off, cut, inked with Distress Ink Old Paper. The number 30 is a rub-on.

The 2 flowers I made from tearing circles of paper after I did the watercolour technique. Used Distress Inks, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey & Spiced Marmalade. I then inked the edges of each circle with Vintage Photo, and crinkled each one. Attached each circle with Glue Dots. Applied Distress Stickles Scattered Straw to give it a crusty look. Added black pearls for centres. The green flower, was something I found in a drawer and sprayed it with Citrus Tickle Smooch Spritz. I paper pieced the birds, and highlighted them with brown coloured pencil. Oh what fun! And of course the girly bird gets the rosy cheeks!

This card was linked to the forum:  FAVOURITES thread for the week ending March 27, 2011 on Splitcoaststampers Thanks! Awesome!



Have a look see:

Love Birds
Anniversary Card

Have a closer look:

Flower Detail

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome card Debbie!
I love it! The flowers look amazing. The photo really makes them pop.
Have fun tomorrow at the all day scrap.
Grace

Kim said...

Debbie, this is so gorgeous!! Love everything about this card!!

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Speaking of love.... I LOVE THIS CARD!!! Simply beautiful! Hey, have you noticed The Stampsmith Challenge post?? I'm thinking maybe not as I haven't heard from you! LOL!
Cheers,
Val :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...