Sunday, March 6, 2011

Grunge Valentine Card

Front
This card was so much fun to make. It was for Mike of course! He said my cards are getting heavier and bigger! I love Tim Holtz! Love all his products. This was a combination of distressing, embossing & tearing.  Used Grungeboard hearts and inked them with Distress Inks, then "smooshed" Distress Stickles on them so they appear grainy rather than glittery if I used the regular Stickles.  Added the hinged Grungeboard at the bottom and did the same technique. Added 4 brads to it. Cut out the calendar and bingo card from his paper stack. Mike's in the filmstrip in the heart.

Inside
I found a site  http://www.blyberg.net where you can make your own library catalogue cards. How could I resist! I've been in the library field for over 30 years! How appropriate! The lips are a stamp from Rubber Stamped, that I bought at Michael's. The tag is stamped with Tim Holtz Urban Grunge script. The tag is inked with Distress Ink Vintage Photo. The "I heart U" metal heart is from Michael's $1.50 bin. The paper heart is a Tim Holtz stamp.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Love your site and your card! Great colours on both!

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Welcome to blogging, Debbie!!!!!!! YAY!!!
Your blog looks simply FANTASTIC!!
I'm sooooooo glad that I got to see this project in person - it's amazing!!
Thank you for the link to the library cards! I'm off to check that out now!
Looking forward to seeing all of your creations here!
Cheers,
Val :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...